Last Updated on
Cobra have expanded their one-length range this year, which means a brand new set of Cobra King F8 One Length irons – with the addition of Cobra CONNECT in every club.
If you are a regular follower of ours then you will know by now that the Cobra King Oversized irons made our top rated golf iron sets guide.
Cobra say One Length is a winner and means you can focus on just reproducing one swing for every iron in your bag. It’s a really simple concept, but if it’s not your cup of tea the F8s are available in traditional lengths, too.
To build upon COBRA’s widely-acclaimed KING F7 ONE Length irons, COBRA engineers incorporated unique TECFLO constructions in the F8 ONE Length irons that allowed them to manipulate weight to 7-iron specifications while keeping the look of a traditional iron, delivering the most technologically advanced ONE Length irons to date.
Improved trajectories were achieved using progressive hosel lengths paired with wider sole widths in the 4-6 irons to lower the CG in the long irons for higher-flying trajectories, and raise the CG in the scoring irons & wedges to promote lower, more controlled trajectories. In addition, COBRA has teamed up with its shaft partners to develop ONE Length specific flighted shafts that feature variable tipping executions to make the long irons play softer and launch higher and the short irons play stiffer and launch lower.
“Overall, I’d say the F7 ONE Length was a great surprise for us this year, surpassing all sales forecasts we had at the outset, and Bryson DeChambeau’s impressive win at the John Deere Classic this summer certainly helped generate even more interest,” said Olsavsky.
“Now, as more players take note of the benefits provided by a ONE length set, we are excited to deliver the F8 line-up, with cutting-edge iron technologies that work in unison with the one length philosophy to make them even easier to hit and more consistent than before. And even better, with COBRA CONNECT, golfers don’t have to just take our word for it. They can clearly see just how much they’ve improved based on real data points. The numbers don’t lie.”
- An E9™ elliptical Sweet Zone™ construction promotes faster ball speeds across a wider area on the face, delivering unparalleled distance and forgiveness.
- 100% Carbon Fiber inserts that are strategically-positioned to deliver a soft yet solid feel throughout the set.
- New all Carbon Fiber construction medallions damp vibrations for exceptional sound and feel throughout the set.
- Advanced TECFLO PROGRESSIVE SET TECHNOLOGY delivers tailored performance through varying cavity constructions to optimise the trajectory of each iron in the set.
- Cobra engineers have used all the tricks of the trade to ensure the F8s are super-playable and forgiving.
- They used progressive hosel lengths paired with wider sole widths in the 4-6 irons to lower the CG in the long irons for higher-flying trajectories, and raise the CG in the scoring irons & wedges to promote lower, more controlled trajectories with tighter-spaced wedge grooves to increase spin for more precision.
- This technology improves groove structures through CNC milling to deliver optimum spin and trajectory performance from the long irons to wedges.
- V-Grooves on the 4-6 irons reduce spin, U-Grooves on the 7-PW optimize spin, and wedge-spaced grooves on the GW-LW deliver extra spin for shots around the green.